This tasty Pea, Broad Bean & Honey Roast Feta Dip is direct from our Chef Phil's kitchen. It's the perfect pairing to your favourite KETTLE® Chips seasoning - let us know your favourite pairing on our socials!
- 150g Podded Fresh Peas
- 150g Podded Broad Beans
- 1 Garlic Clove, Peeled
- 6-8 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Runny Honey
- Sprig of Thyme
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a pan of boiling water blanch the peas and beans then plunge them into iced water to stop them cooking. Shell the broad beans and set aside with the peas.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C. Break the feta into chunks (around 2cm pieces). Put the feta onto baking parchment in a small tray or oven suitable pan. Drizzle the runny honey over the cheese and sprinkle with the leaves from the sprig of thyme. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Using a large pestle and mortar grind the cumin and garlic until smooth, add the peas, beans and olive oil to the mortar and continue to grind until it has formed a humous type consistency. Then mix in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Finely chop the mint and stir into the dip reserving a little to sprinkle on top at the end.
- Spoon the pea and bean mix into a shallow, wide dish. Scatter the
roasted feta and honey over the top.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the dip, sprinkle with the remaining mint and a pinch of sumac.
- Serve while the feta is still warm with KETTLE® Bread Bites.
Notes from Chef Phil:
- You can swap fresh peas for frozen if you don’t have fresh available.
- You can make the puree using a hand blender, but you will need to grate or crush your garlic first.
- Cumin seeds can be replaced for ground.
- The pea and broad bean puree can be made in advance and refrigerated for a day. For best results bring the dip up to room temperature and roast the feta just before serving.
- Adding toasted sesame seeds or pine nuts bring a nice texture to the dip.